Where to get help with Odoo / Odoo Apps
Have a problem with Odoo or Odoo App?
In this short article, I am going to show you where to get help with Odoo. I hope this will save your time and money.
For technical issues with Odoo, that are possibly the result of errors in the Odoo code:
- Submit a support ticket (https://www.odoo.com/help )
- report issue on GitHub ( https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues )
Remember to describe the nature of the error and provide them with steps to reproduce. You can also record a video or attach screenshots. More information you provide (Operating System, Odoo Version etc.) will result in a quicker solution.
Remember - before blaming Odoo check if the issue is not caused by a custom application or wrong server configuration. Odoo logs may be helpful.
For functional help feel free to ask on the Odoo chatbox. You can also get help or feedback from the other users, developers and companies on Odoo Forum. It is free to use and very helpful.
You can also ask technical questions and someone should be able to help you. Remember that users don't have to help you - it is their free will. So, if you will be pretension or demanding you may finish with unanswered questions.
Odoo Forum can be found on https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1
Odoo has an official YouTube channel with live streams and Q&A :
If you are developing Odoo app or just having problems with deployment, you can seek for free help on:
- https://stackoverflow.com/search?q=odoo - provide you code and someone will point you in the right direction. Don't ask "how to make an app that is doing
- https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1 - Odoo forum is a great place for advice on deployment and simple developments
Odoo is using Python so you can seek for help at any Python forum (in terms of code).
Problems with module
If you have a problem with a specific module contact original developer first. It is likely that the person who developed the module will provide a fix.
However, be sure that the error is not caused by the other third-party module. If you request a company to fix the error that is existing only on your Odoo - you will be charged for their work.
To rule out your fault install module on clean Odoo server and reproduce the error. Like with any other errors - more details you provide, it is a better chance to get things sorted.
Don't expect help if you "got the module from a friend" or downloaded it for free from filesharing platforms.
There is more...
If you prefer to have a solid Odoo book I would recommend:
- Odoo Development Essentials - is you want to develop your Odoo Apps
- Working With Odoo - if you want to implement Odoo in your company or just better understand the functionalities
You can also contact me if you like.